Other Curricular Opportunities
Advanced Measurement Special Interest Group
VAQS fellows interested in further developing expertise in measurement and statistical process control have an opportunity to participate in the Advanced Measurement Special Interest Group. The Special Interest Group meets monthly to discuss an advanced topic in measurement and statistical process control, which is followed by structured measurement case consultation for works in progress. Examples of advanced topics covered in the Special Interest Group include: Cumulative Sum Charts, Exponentially Weighted Moving Average Charts, Multivariate Statistical Process Control Charts, and Statistical Process Control with regression generated center line.
Each session will have two 30 minute segments: (1) theory burst; and (2) case presentations.
- Basic and intermediate SPC review, case consultation
- XR charts, case consultation
- Cumulative Sum (CuSum) charts, case consultation
- Exponentially Weighted Moving Average (EMWA) charts, case consultation
- Standardized SPC charts, case consultation
- Multivariate SPC charts case consultation
- SPC with regression generated (slanted) center line, case consultation
- SPC to control for seasonal (temporal) effects, case consultation
- Case studies and/or case consultations