QI Core & Fellows’ Forum
The goal of this course is to develop interprofessional leaders with the foundational knowledge required to improve quality in healthcare systems. In this course, fellows are introduced to the core models, theories, and frameworks for healthcare improvement by national and international leaders. As part of this course, fellows have an opportunity to present their ongoing quality improvement projects to obtain feedback from peers and VAQS faculty across the country through the “Fellows’ Forum.” The overarching competencies for the course are:
- Lead, follow, and make positive changes in health care delivery.
- Describe the social context and accountability of health care, including an understanding of the local, regional, national, and global context of health care, including financing.
- Introduction to Systems Thinking
- Diffusion of Innovations
- Human-Centered Design
- Ethical Issues in QI
- Safety : Patient Safety
- Patient Centered : Patient Centered Care
- Fellows forum on QI projects
- Individual QI Projects
- National QI Projects