The VA Quality Scholars fellowship offers the unique opportunity during a two-year fellowship to improve Veteran healthcare quality though innovation, teaching and research. This interprofessional program combines a broad curriculum with an individualized approach to meet the needs of each healthcare professional’s interests. Doctoral and post-doc PhD and DNP nurses and physician who are completing their residency training may apply.
The VA Quality Scholars Fellowship offers many benefits including:
- A paid full-time fellowship through the VA Office of Academic Affiliations
- Incredible experience in quality improvement and patient safety scholarship by conducting quality improvement projects and research while working under the tutelage of senior physician and nurse mentors.
- Meet and collaborate with other physician and nurse fellows from around the country
- Cross-site learning experiences convened by faculty of the Houston Coordinating Center housed at the VA Center for Training in Healthcare Quality
- Broad curriculum combined with individualized training at eight different sites
For more about the VA Quality Scholars Curriculum, click the link below.
- Atlanta, GA
- Birmingham, AL
- Cleveland, OH
- Los Angeles, CA
- Iowa City, IA
- Nashville, TN
- San Francisco, CA
- White River Junction, VT
- Toronto, Canada
For information on how to apply for a fellowship position at one of our sites, click on the link below.